2024 Fellowship Award
in memory of Dan Hoover
The Annual Hoover Fellowship was launched in 2023 in memory of Daniel Hoover, a visionary creator and transformer with a lifelong passion for culture and practice evolutions.
This 16-week fellowship is awarded annually to an individual or organization seeking to evolve the culture and practice in their own creative field.
Link is active each year between Nov 1 and Dec 30.
Dan Hoover was a tireless and systematic creator, innovator, transformer, and communicator. He specialized in building bridges among opposing interests – analytical and empathic, logical and intuitive. He had a lifelong fascination with culture and practice evolutions, which led him to contribute design and innovation in various fields, from technology to music; in addition to being a highly esteemed technologist, he was one of the Philadelphia area's best-known and most beloved doghouse bassists. Over the course of his life, he joyfully advanced his learning in the areas of psychology (he held his BA in Psychology from LaSalle University) and transformation; in his 50 years of life he'd earned 25+ professional certifications.
He is dearly missed as a client, creator and friend, and it's our honor to promote culture and practice evolution in his memory.
Fellowship Terms and Conditions
Scope of Award & Selection
The annual award provides 16 weeks of coaching with our principal coach, with the option for 4 additional mind-body support sessions with our partner coach.
Culture and Practice Impact Statements
Please plan to share an impact statement that answers the following ten questions:
We know that creativity takes many forms. What's your particular creative field?
How did you come to focus in this particular creative space?
- When you reflect on the culture and practices of your field, what would you say works well?
- From your personal standpoint, what could be even better?
- What's your vision for culture and practice in your field?
- What's the relationship of your vision to best and 'next' practices?
- What would the impact be if your vision for the field succeeded?
- What challenges do you expect to encounter?
- How would you benefit from an advice-free pathfinding space?
- Why should you be the award recipient?
Application and Eligibility Requirements
Submit your completed application, resume and Impact Statement between Nov 1 and Dec 30
Be able to demonstrate 10 years minimum practice in your particular creative field
Be at least 18 years of age
- Fellowships will be awarded at Hemispheres' sole discretion using candidate applications, resumes, impact statements, and eligibility
Applications are accepted Nov 1 through Dec 30 of the calendar year prior to the Award
Awards are announced Mar 1 of each Award Year and must be claimed by Apr 30
All sessions must be completed between Apr 30 and Dec 15 of the Award Year
Upon completion of the fellowship, Fellows will have the option to promote their vision and work on Hemispheres channels as well as to collaborate with other Fellows at sponsored events.